Glad for Spring, Sad for Allergies
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
In the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana region, allergies are just as much a sign of the season as flowers. As the 6th leading cause of chronic illness in the U.S., allergies can make it difficult to enjoy the warmer weather.
Common signs that you might suffer from allergies include:
· Running Nose
· Itchy eyes
Even though allergies can be attributed to everything from flowers to grasses to mold and even trees, there are still ways to reduce your misery. Here are a few recommendations to minimize your exposure:
· Postpone outdoor activities until after 11am. Pollens are usually emitted 5-10am.
· Don’t mow the law or do yardwork without wearing a filter mask. When you’re done, remove your yard clothes outside and put them directly in the wash. Immediately take a shower to wash the allergens from your skin.
· Use your air conditioning instead of opening windows at home or in the car.
· Keep track of the local pollen count and stay indoors on days the count is high.
· Stay indoors on hot, dry, windy days when pollen is at its worst.
· Don’t wear shoes indoors.
· Wash bedding weekly in hot water.
· Shower and wash you hair every night before bed.
For help determining if your symptoms are allergies, selecting the right over the counter medication, or getting relief, we’re here. Don’t waste time being miserable. Stop by one of our nine offices today!
Subscribe To Our Blog
Cold & Flu
08/23/2018 - The Importance of Urgent Care
06/08/2018 - Treatment of Ankle Sprains
01/05/2018 - 7 Benefits of Urgent Care Serv
05/10/2017 - Glad for Spring, Sad for Aller
01/03/2017 - Staying Healthy this Winter
12/06/2016 - Avoiding the Hospital during t
09/18/2016 - Done Correctly, Exercise Can b
08/14/2016 - Zika Virus: Important Facts
07/14/2016 - For Baby, the First 1000 Days
06/16/2016 - Pool Safety: Children, Teens,
05/18/2016 - Where Should You Go: Urgent Ca
04/17/2016 - What All New Parents Need: Sle
09/15/2015 - The Importance of Sports Physi
05/13/2015 - Make Healthy Eating Easier wit
02/19/2015 - Vaccinations are Important to
01/14/2015 - Resolutions you can really sti
12/14/2014 - Lower Your Risk for Breast Can
09/05/2014 - How Meditation Can Lead to Bet
08/25/2014 - Safe to Swim
07/16/2014 - How is Urgent Care Different t